Hardware, Network & Community
Blue Cheese St₳ke House pool runs on a server that was built exclusively for this purpose. This node is decentralized in that it doesn't run inside an Amazon, Microsoft, Google, DigitalOcean or other data center. It runs out of a rack-mounted 4U server from my home office in Oregon. The network is fiber speed and plenty fast for hosting the Cardano node. The server specs are quite a bit beyond what is required, but I wanted this node to be future-proof.
I've developed custom software to run the Cardano stakepool called JorManager. By delegating to this pool, you support its development and improve the cardano ecosystem as a whole. The more stable pools and operators we have, the better for the overall ecosystem. All boats will be lifted.
Beyond JorManager, I created a utility called CNCLI (Cardano Node Command Line Interface) that allows pool operators to calculate their upcoming leadership slots. This utility is utilized by most of the stakepool operator community and has no equal as far as accuracy and performance.
- AsRock Rack EPYCD8 ATX Server Motherboard
- AMD EPYC Rome 7262 8-Core 3.2 GHz
- Crucial 256GB SDRAM ECC Registered DDR4 2666
- Seasonic FOCUS GX-650, 650W 80+ Gold PSU
- 2x Crucial P1 1TB 3D NAND NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD running RAID 1
- UPS battery backup system
- Cloud servers for node backup